random


i have been too tired and busy to get a blog post together....

so we're gonna just go for a mish mash of random thoughts...

and random pictures from our trip


last week we went camping at the beach
90 degree weather...
no shade...
no a/c...

i musta lost my mind a bit....


this was me most of the time

(note...secluded beach....why we like it !)



assesteague island is full of wild horses...
this year they were much more agressive than prior years..



they went for coolers.containers. anything they thought
may have food in it...



trapped Jordan in the truck...
funny...but not....


first day they got all our bread and buns...
we were not happy



they are beautiful though



we went to chincoteague island for the
annual pony swim


this was our view...

see any horses??? yeah....me neither...


oh...there they are...way way way out there

way too hot...
way  way too many people....

 thank God i had umbrellas in my truck
 or i would never had made it !!!


 here's the actual 'swim'..
again...see the ponies.....nah..me neither

we waited for HOURS in the HOT HOT sun
only to see NOTHING !!

never again

here'a zoom view



then they parade them through town





strange, but true

and about 40,000 people
come from all over to see it
??????


back at camp...trying to nap


baby decided he needed a nap too


after a while...mama called. (really)
he answered...(really)
and then trotted off...

interesting


view from my tent
...
a bit scary



the little one was constantly eating
while they were walking..
wierd








jordan bought me a new bike for the trip

hadnt been on one in quite a few years......


but i did good...and loved it..
may be more riding in the future...


gorgeous sunsets..every night

****

there was an information center
where we watched a movie explaing all that
they do there.

there are 2 different groups of horses on the island.

one in assateague...
and in chincoteague

they are treated differently

the ones in assateague...
they are supposedly left to be wild,
but they shoot hormones into the mares so they dont foal.

when they become a 'prime' age..
they dont shoot them that year and they let them
foal once...

from then on they get shot up each year..
only one baby to a mare.

the others..in chincoteague..
can have as many babies as they want,
but every year...
swim them all across the bay...
then parade them
then auction off the babies....

only one baby gets to be sent back...

i dont really get it...

neither sounds right to me...
and now that i see better what the real deal is

i would say i wont be going back...

 ***

i will say that camping on the beach
was nice though...
i do love the beach...

and i needed the rest......

but...
i have many goals for the month of august....

hope to move first week of september..
(haha....but really hope to)
so have to get the house done !

hope to have all my inventory up to date
for the awesome country living shows
coming up in sept and oct....

and will be spending a week in a yurt again
this year....to 'center' myself...

***

sorry for the randomness...
but the brain is hot...and tired..haha




3 comments:

  1. Interesting trip, the horses could really be fun but annoying too it seems. I'm glad you got a break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne, I went to the Annual Pony swim last year and it was wonderful. It is so nice to see these wild horses, allowed to be just that "wild". We also went to the auction and almost bought a pony for my granddaughter, but thank goodness we didn't. I think it's fabulous that the Fire Department takes care of these ponies all year long and then has the auction, so these beautiful creatures can be taken care of! I cannot imagine how hot it was, I remember last year and it was not, but not nearly as hot as this year.We took our motorhome and thank goodness we had a/c!! Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures and your vacation.

    Debie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am afraid of horses, I was getting a little queasy just looking at all the pictures of them!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

we always appreciate your voice........

Featured Post

The Finishing Touch

I got my love of creating years ago, when I was just a kiddo.  My gramma knitted. I found it so fascinating that she created something .. ...

Popular Posts