breaking up with AOL

ok...here we go..  i need help......

my mind is about to explode...remember..i am no spring chicken..














i am attempting to update all my online techy stuff for my business. and believe me it is NOT my thing.....but i try....

for starters..my business name is juNxtaposition

i love it....there are good things about it, and bad things about it..
i am not going to go into the good things...they are there...trust me..but..

the most obvious bad thing is that people cant spell it....(or even pronounce it haha)

so...here's my issue..

i am a die hard AOL user...and i would like break up with them...
i  am one of the very few oldschoolers still using them...but i just couldnt break the habit..

but..i am ready....maybe....i think...no i AM ready....(i'm having withdrawals already !)

so...i have a million different email address....one with yahoo, a couple with gmail, one with my service provider, one with go daddy....on and on...

right now these all forward to my aol account.....which is jeannesjunx@aol.com

i want to consolidate to just one account....but which one should i choose? should i keep any of them??

....my website is juNxtaposition.com,
but on my business cards i use ezjuNx.com because it's easier for people to remember

so i've narrowed it down...


should i just use jeanne@juNxtaposition.com


or jeanne@ezjuNx.com

or jeannesjunx@gmail.com 

or something different?

it is  going to be a huge chore to switch EVERYTHING to this new email address, but i need to do this....and i only want to do it once.....

any suggestions/preferences/other ideas.....please help !!

thanks,
jeanne

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jeanne,

    I don't envy your task one bit. There's an old saying I'm sure you've heard before...the K.I.S.S. method?? "Keep It Simple Stupid". I should have heeded that advice myself using the word "Bijou" in my business name, email, etc... Few people in the Pittsburgh area know what it means or how it's spelled. They look at me like I have two heads. I'm sure you know what I mean!

    Just keep in mind...You are the one working behind the scenes. Do what will make your life easier. Your customers love you and will follow you with what ever your decision is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Jeannesjunx@ whatever email provider is the simplest - but do whatever works best for you!

    A note of warning - I used AOL just briefly for awhile. When I "broke up with them", it was awful. They are trained not to let you go, and it didn't matter what I said, he would not cancel my account. It was always, "we'll switch you to this" or "we'll try this". He would not cancel it. I was actually in tears trying to get him to cancel it. After a very, very lengthy conversation, he finally did after I threatened to complain to his manager.

    Later, I read an article in the newspaper describing just what I had been through. It explained how the employees are trained to not let you cancel.

    Granted, this was a few years ago, hopefully things have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the first person, to K.I.S.S., but I also strongly feel like having it match your business name is very important. As someone with a weird last name, you get used to people not remembering it, but nowadays people just add it to their contact list and don't usually "need" to remember it themselves.

    Good luck with the break up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was with aol back when we first started this online stuff with dial up. I am "wiser" like you and now we have dsl but I kept my aol email account because I could not go thru all the changes. I don't have the issues of the different things like you do though. But I have had no trouble with aol and never had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jeanne ~ might I just say how much I feel your pain. I cannot stand techy stuff - so why of all occupations would I run a web store??? This past month has confused me more than any school course. I have had to open new email and payment accounts, then close them - figure out layouts, resize and reconfigure parameters for ads, its just too awful to go into. Yes, keep it simple. I was in the wrong with using B L E U in my name - it just confuses people and I can't imagine how many customers I have lost because its spelled that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanne,

    Whatever you do, just keep us updated. I have been looking for a site like yours for a very long time and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Jeannesjunx@gmail because it is short> I would think your webpage name would already be on the business card or they are already THERE and want to contact you?? (I am techno challenged too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Jeannesjunx@gmail because it is short> I would think your webpage name would already be on the business card or they are already THERE and want to contact you?? (I am techno challenged too!)

    ReplyDelete

we always appreciate your voice........

Featured Post

The Finishing Touch

I got my love of creating years ago, when I was just a kiddo.  My gramma knitted. I found it so fascinating that she created something .. ...

Popular Posts