21 April 2011

spring escape - post 2

trip to seneca rocks

**
my kids discovered this place while on an excursion

they had been wanting to show it to me for a while


they had not hiked to the top and they really wanted to


 they thought i would hike it with them


hahahahaha...way up there.....

not


if the sign about death..haha..wasnt enough..it was actually really hot the day we were there


and they have snakes.........ewh



i made it a little further than the sign that said
'you are 1/4 of the way there'


gave them my camera
and said..have fun, catch you on the way down


they made it all the way to the top !!



awesome view


a bit too much for me




he's lucky i wasnt up there with him...
i would have killed him for getting this close to the edge !!!




hmmm...and just where was my camera in this shot???


my kiddo was brave...but not me.....here's where i was...



**

so much for that mountain !
maybe i'll give it a try on a cooler day

that's it for our first excursion this year

more to come







6 comments:

Kelley - a very JunqueyGal! said...

Hey - you made an attempt and that is all that matters... and weren't you on crutches recently?

Your son made me nervous too! Kids!!

jeanne @ juNxtaposition said...

yes, i was on crutches a while back...and no question..way too scary for me...not a fan of heights !!

Kim said...

We always enjoy senaca rock. And there is also seneca caverns and smokehole is close by as well. I worked 2 summers in highschool at Yokum's. I worked with the horses great he and led tours to the top of the rock. Fishing is great there also!1

Kim said...

I also repeled the rock in highschool. Many moons ago!!

Works From The Attic by Linda said...

Jeanne, this is awesome! Where exactly is it? I found a location of WV? We love road trips and that sounds like a good one. Have you been to Seven Caves in Ohio? It is pretty awesome as well, especially in the Spring when the Trillium are blooking.
Take care!

jeanne @ juNxtaposition said...

linda..yes this is in west virginia....great place ! have not been to 7 caves..with have to look it up !

Post a Comment

we always appreciate your voice........