spring escape - post 1

well...
the weather was nice for a day..haha

we're not getting much more than that yet...

so we headed off on an escapde.


our destination was west virginia
and seneca rocks


 we traveled through the mountains along the way
i dont think i ever saw such BIG rocks


the views were beautiful, even with everything still blah


how cool is this truck we passed in someone's front yard??



at the bottom of the hill we came to a tractor graveyard










how cool is this place






this baby has seen better days !!






the store adjacent
must have been the only one for miles




they sold anything and everything...really....i mean really

here is there soda selection.....sorry..it just cracked us up....


one last thing for this segment...
they must get some kind of snow here....


we passed a couple of snow removal machines
like none i've seen before...




also...more 'windmills' then i've ever seen in one place...
this is only a small sample of them.....


and gees ...are they huge up close


this trip was too many pictures for just one post..
so this is just the first....
more from seneca rocks tomorrow...

**

and just on a side note
i became fasinated by all the falling down
barns and sheds we passed along the way

i want to do this trip again
and just take pics of the sheds we saw..

amazes me...
i dont think i get it???





8 comments:

  1. Great photos! I loved the covered bridge. And only us junkers would appreciate the beauty of falling down barns and tractor graveyards :)
    Look forward to seeing more pics.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I absolutely love the subject matter. Lots of money sitting there in old steel wheeled tractors. I like the barn, too. There's just something endearing about those old buildings.

    I just said to my DH as we were driving a few days ago that I would someday like to stop and take pictures of all the old and falling down buildings along the way. I just don't understand the mentality of letting machinery and buildings go to heck. Looking forward to more of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the old barn and the picture of the old truck surrounded by spring flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful rust...love that truck!! all nestled in gorgeous trees and landscape. Sounds like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your sight-seeing for us! I love pictures of oddities that you captured. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Were the windmills near Thomas WV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. kim...i'm not sure where the windmills were....somewhere between pittsburgh and seneca rocks..haha...

    ReplyDelete
  8. great pics!

    www.minnesotajunker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

we always appreciate your voice........

Featured Post

The Finishing Touch

I got my love of creating years ago, when I was just a kiddo.  My gramma knitted. I found it so fascinating that she created something .. ...

Popular Posts